- Free of
- Lightweight mineral baby sunscreen lotion
- Specifically developed for babies without fragrance or essential oils
- Protects baby skin from the sun’s harmful rays with broad spectrum SPF50 protection
- Formulated with zinc-oxide and moisturizing sunflower oil
- Water Resistant (80 Minutes)
- Made with 24 plant-based ingredients, including our certified organic Nutri-Soothe™ Herbal Blend
- Pediatrician tested
- EWG Verified™ means that this product meets the Environmental Working Group's strictest standards for health and safety and avoids EWG's ingredients of concern
- Cruelty-free & Vegan
- Suitable for babies and children over 6 months of age. Under 6 months: ask your doctor.
- For Face & Body.
- Apply liberally before sun exposure.
- Reapply at least every two hours or after 80 minutes of swimming or sweating.
- Also a great option for adults with very sensitive skin.
CAUTION: For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes. When using a product for the first time, it is recommended to test it on a small area and monitor for skin reaction during 24 hours before applying to a larger area. If irritation occurs, stop use and contact your physician. Keep out of reach of children.
Key Plant-based Ingredients
- Sunflower Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Shea Butter
Complete List of Ingredients
Active ingredient: Zinc Oxide 20%
Inactive ingredients: Water (Aqua), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil^, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil^, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil^, Methyl Dihydroabietate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter^, Cetearyl Alcohol^, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate^, Microcrystalline Cellulose^, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract*^, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract*^, Nasturtium Officinale (Watercress) Flower/Leaf Extract*^, Spiraea Ulmaria (Meadowsweet) Flower Extract*^, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter*^, Bisabolol*^, Tocopherol^, Cetyl Alcohol^, Caprylyl Glycol, Coco-Glucoside^, Behenyl Alcohol^, Arachidyl Glucoside^, Arachidyl Alcohol^, Polyhydroxystearic Acid^, Citric Acid, Sodium Gluconate^, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin^, Caprylhydroxamic Acid^, Cellulose Gum^.
*CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENTS
This product is free of:
- Chemical Filters
- Mineral Oil
- Parabens & Phthalates
- Synthetic Colorants
- Soy & Dairy
- High Allergy Nuts (including but not limited to: Peanuts, Almonds, and Walnuts)
- ♲ We know recycling can be confusing: different systems depending on your location, unclear labeling, and inaccurate claims do not make it easy.
- ♲ This is why Babo Botanicals has joined How2Recycle, a coalition of brands working to simplify recycling of their products. Developed by the Sustainable Packaging Coalition, the “How2Recycle” program evaluates each package and provides a label that clearly indicates if each part of a product is widely recyclable or not. Since 2021, all new packaging of our products include the How2Recycle information.
- ♲ While our mono-material tubes are made of recyclable polypropylene, they carry the non-recyclable label as recycling centers need more brands to transition to mono-material tubes for tubes to become widely recyclable.
- ♲ Check out our seal on the left for recycling information for this product, you can find this seal on the product label as well
Is this sunscreen reef-safe?
Our sunscreens are compliant with Hawaii’s and other regional regulations on coral reef and marine environment. They do not contain the chemical ingredients banned in those areas like Oxybenzone or Octinoxate. However, “Reef-Safe” is an unregulated statement. While our products technically “qualify”, you can learn more on here about why we have decided to no longer make this statement.
Is this sunscreen non-nano?
Our sunscreens are non-nano by the definition of the European regulation (EC) No 1223/2009. However “Non-Nano” is an unregulated statement in the Unites States, which is why we have decided to no longer make this statement. Our sunscreens are independently tested for effectiveness and safety under dermatological and pediatric supervision. They are suitable for all ages, from babies to adults.
What does EWG VERIFIED™ sunscreen mean?
EWG VERIFIED™ products are certified as meeting the Environmental Working Group's strict standard for ingredient safety, transparency and product efficacy. The EWG VERIFIED™ program is a registered trademark licensing program that follows a published set of health standards developed by EWG's research team. Verification is more stringent and rigorous than the standards for a positive rating in the EWG Guide to Sunscreens – though a sunscreen must have a green rating in their guide to even be considered for verification.
Can babies use mineral sunscreen?
Absolutely. Many doctors recommend that babies be protected with mineral sunscreen as it sits atop the skin, whereas chemical sunscreen is absorbed into the skin. It is also important to provide proper protection with shade and protective clothing for babies and young children, in addition to using SPF protection.
At what age can babies start wearing sunscreen?
Babies should not be exposed to the sun intentionally. To protect against incidental exposure, they can start wearing sunscreen when they're over 6 months of age unless otherwise approved by the child’s doctor, according to the FDA. To provide proper sun protection for your baby, aim to keep them out of the sun and use additional sun protection methods, like covering them up with a hat, long pants, and a long-sleeve shirt.