- Free of
- Smoothing shampoo for extra-dry, curly hair
- Suitable for color-treated hair
- Defines naturally textured hair from waves to curls, keeping hair hydrated
- The water-resistant carton bottle uses 80% less plastic compared to a traditional plastic bottle
- Formulated with baobab oil & rosehip to smooth and nourish each strand
- Made with 20 plant-based ingredients like our certified organic Nutri-Soothe™ Herbal Blend
- Scented with warm vanilla, sweet citrus and rich cedarwood natural fragrance
- Dermatologist Tested
Cruelty-free & Vegan
DIRECTIONS: Easy to use: this product is a bit thinner than a typical shampoo because we packed our nutritious ingredients in a formula that could easily be dispensed out of a carton. Shake before use. Apply shampoo to wet hair and lather. Rinse and follow with the Defining Baobab & Rosehip Conditioner.
CAUTION: For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes. When using a product for the first time, it is recommended to test it on a small area and monitor for skin reaction during 24 hours before applying to a larger area. If irritation occurs, stop use and contact your physician. Keep out of reach of children.
- Baobab Oil
- Rosehip Oil
- Passion Fruit Piceatannol Ferment
Complete List of Ingredients
Water (Aqua), Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Glycerin^, Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate^, Adansonia Digitata (Baobab) Seed Oil*^, Rosa Canina (Rosehip) Leaf Extract^, Botrytis Cinerea/Passiflora Edulis Fruit Extract/Piceatannol Ferment Lysate Filtrate, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract*^, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract*^, Nasturtium Officinale (Watercress) Flower/Leaf Extract*^, Spiraea Ulmaria (Meadowsweet) Flower Extract*^, Coccinia Indica Fruit Extract^, Melia Azadirachta Leaf Extract^, Melia Azadirachta Flower Extract^, Corallina Officinalis Extract^, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propanediol, Citric Acid^, Xanthan Gum^, Coco-Glucoside^, Betaine^, Cocamidopropyl Betaine^, Sodium Methyl Oleoyl Taurate^, Lauryl Glucoside^, Sodium Phytate^, Fragrance, Ethylhexylglycerin, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate.
*CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENTS
This product is free of:
- Sulfates & Silicones
- Parabens & Phthalates
- Synthetic Fragrance
- Synthetic Colorants
- Soy & Dairy
- High Allergy Nuts (including but not limited to: Peanuts, Almonds, and Walnuts）
If you have a known sensitivity to natural fragrances or essential oil(s), we recommend selecting one of our fragrance-free options.
- ♲ We know recycling can be confusing: different systems depending on your location, unclear labeling, and inaccurate claims do not make it easy.
- ♲ This is why Babo Botanicals has joined How2Recycle, a coalition of brands working to simplify recycling of their products. Developed by the Sustainable Packaging Coalition, the program includes a labeling system explaining “How2Recycle” that specific product directly on the package. Since 2021, all new packaging of our products include the How2Recycle information.
- ♲ Check out our seal on the left for recycling information for this product, you can find this seal on the product label as well!
Why is this shampoo packaged in a carton?
As part of our efforts to offer more sustainable packaging solutions, we began to explore alternatives to the typical plastic bottle for haircare. When doing a full life-cycle analysis (LCA) of our carton, which considers not only if a product is recyclable after you are done with it, but also the impact of manufacturing, transporting and more, we found the carton to be a more sustainable alternative than not only a plastic bottle, but also to aluminum or glass (a risky shower choice). From there, we designed our haircare collection in a shower-safe carton made with 80% less plastic than a traditional bottle!
Can I keep it in the shower for a prolonged time?
Yes! Our carton is water-resistant and shower-friendly and while it is constructed of primarily FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) Certified paper, it has a thin layer of both plastic and aluminum to ensure the integrity of the carton from the outside, while maintaining the product inside. The carton has been tested for extended periods and has proven to hold up!
Is the carton packaging recyclable?
If you can recycle milk cartons where you live, you can recycle these cartons. If you are unsure about the recycling rules in your municipality, then we recommend checking your local town or city website for clarity. Since 2021, all Babo products have also included How2Recycle information on the packaging, which you can reference when making recycling decisions for other products.
The formula isn’t as thick as I am used to, is that normal?
Yes, this product was specifically designed to be slightly thinner than your normal shampoo or conditioner to allow for ease of use when pouring from the carton. Due to the carton material, we do not recommend squeezing the packaging to release more product, so it was designed to pour smoothly to maximize your use!