Some basic facts about lice:
An estimated 6 million to 12 million children a year experience lice infestations, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics. Infestations are not related to demographics, hygiene, cleanliness or living conditions; lice happens when children live or play together. While head lice are a commonplace nuisance, they are not dangerous and have no additional health consequences.
- Spread mainly through head to head contact, they favor the soft scalps and baby-fine hairs of children.
- Head lice do not jump or fly, nor do they live on pets.
- Eggs--or nits, as they are commonly called, need warmth from the body to incubate. Separated from the head, eggs must hatch in the first 24 hours. Thus, only eggs on the head should cause concern.
- Adult lice can only live 1 or 2 days away from a warm body.
- The only thing that lice cause is itching on the scalp, but they do not cause any other diseases.
It does greatly concern Babo Botanicals that once kids do get lice, they are mostly treated with chemicals to eliminate them. Rather, like preventing sunburns or mosquito bites, we should all be doing our best to prevent lice. Therefore, Babo Botanicals offers a clinically proven lice preventative regimen. The fragrance is what repels the lice, but the shampoo and conditioner cleanse and condition the hair with natural botanical ingredients. Both products can be used daily because they are so gentle and sensitive.
Babo Botanicals conducted clinical tests on the prevention system with a non-profit group in Florida called Lice Solutions Network and consulted with Kate Shepherd, one of the leading researchers on lice. She wrote the book, Lice Advice, which you can buy on Amazon. We worked together to come up with the most efficacious line on the market – clinically proven to be 95% effective.