Frequently Asked Questions
- Are all products tear free?
- Yes. All products are clinically tested, non-irritating and tear free.
- Are the products vegan?
- Yes. 100%.
- Are your products organic?
- All Babo Botanicals products are made on a certified organic Nutri-Soothe Blend - rich in anti-oxidants and vitamins.
- Are Babo Botanicals products safe for babies?
- Yes, but for infants and newborns, start with our Oatmilk Calendula collection, specifically formulated for sensitive skin and scalp. But we do recommend consulting your doctor before you use any products on your infant. It is best to always do a Skin Patch Test to test for possible allergic reations.
- Can grown-ups use the products?
- YES! In addition to being natural and non-irritating, Babo Botanicals products were developed at the professional salon level. Meaning, they work for mom and dad's hair too – even hair that's been color-treated.
- Can pregnant or breast feeding women use the products?
- All our products have been clinically and allergy-tested and use natural ingredients; however it is always recommended to perform a Skin Patch Test to test for any personal allergic reactions. Babo products do not contain parabens, formaldehydes or phthalates. See Ingredients.
- What does sulfate-free mean?
- Sulfates are irritating chemicals that create such a rich lather in ordinary shampoos and soap. In contrast, the Babo Botanicals line contains Sulfonates -- a combination of nature-based sugars, corn and other compounds that help to create a non-irritating formula. See ingredients.
- Do your products lather as heavily as Sulfate based soaps and shampoos?
- Because Babo Botanical products uses only natural ingredients like Sulfonates – not chemically-processed, the products have a softer lather that is non-irritating.
- Why are parabens, phthalates and other ingredients considered bad?
- Any chemical that is thought to hinder the normal development of children are not used. Parabens and phthalates are considered to affect proper hormone development. See Ingredients.
- How do you know your products are safer for children than other baby and kids products?
- We've cross-referenced all of our ingredients through product safety groups, including www.skindeep.com, to ensure they meet the most respected standards of safety from not only the experts, but also our fellow parents and caregivers.
- Are your products fragrance-free?
- The Babo Botanicals line contains no artificial fragrances. However, each formula does have a unique fragrance developed from nature-based, premium essential oils (such as berry, vanilla, rosemary and apple)
- If my child has a nut allergy, can we use these products?
- Yes, coconut oil is used in the shampoo, but this is not considered a high allergy nut. There are no peanut oils in the formulas.
- Where are your products sold?
- Babo Botanicals products are sold via our website, salons, specialty stores and apothocaries.
- Do you sell gift sets?
- Yes gift sets are available in all 4 flavors with suggested retail prices ranging from $40-$55.
- What is the price range for Babo Botanicals products?
- Suggested retail pricing ranges from $16-$18 for 8oz.
- They are priced higher because they are solution-based products which use premium, natural ingredients, and they are produced in small batches to preserve quality.
- Eco-friendly packaging?
- All Babo Botanical packaging is recyclable – either #1 or #2 plastic
- The packaging does not contain BPA, phthalates, residue of dioxin or xenoestrogens.
- All formulas are biodegradable.
- Explain Babo Botanicals' commitment to environment?
- A percent of proceeds will go towards teaching and developing urban gardens for children. This will enable children to learn how to grow vegetables, have greener communities and provide for more nutritional eating options. See Social Responsibility.
- Do your products terminate lice?
- Our goal is lice prevention. Clinical tests proved that Babo Botanicals' ROSEMARY TEA TREE Lice Repel Shampoo and Lice Repel Conditioning Spray are 95% effective in preventing lice when used together.
- That said, if lice is already present in hair, we recommend that you contact your school/camp nurse or pediatrician for further recommendations and treatment.
- What if my child gets lice?
- Please contact your child's pediatrician/camp/school nurse for further recommendations and treatment.
- Can products be used daily?
- Yes! Our lice prevention collection is safe for daily use for children. They are botanically based, non-irritating and contain the same effective Nutri-Soothe™ Blend as our other hair, skin and scalp collections. It is best to use both the shampoo and spray together and not mix and match with rest of line.
- Where can I learn more about lice prevention and termination?
- Read more info here.
You can become a member of the Babo community by joining our Facebook Fan Page and follow us on Twitter.